Engine Capacity: 2500 cc
This car is one of the two Cooper T51 chassis sold to Scuderia Centro Sud in early 1959. They cut and lengthened the chassis in order to fit a 2.5ltr Maserati engine which they thought would give them advantage over the Climax engined cars of the British based teams. The Maserati engine was mated with a 4 speed Ersa gearbox.
The car was raced throughout 1959, 1960, 1961 by drivers Hans Herrman, Colin Davis, Robero Bonomi, Masten Gregory, Wolfgang Von Trips and Lorenzo Bandini.
Competition History – includes
1959 – Aintree – Hans Herrman Retired
1959 – Monza GP – Colin Davis 11th
1960 – Buenes Aires GP – Roberto Bonomi 11th
1960 – Silverstone GP – Masten Gregory 6th
This car is eligible for and has competed at Monaco and Goodwood a number of times. It finished 4th at Monaco in 2012.