One of Nottingham’s oldest garages closed on 7th July 2006 after nearly 80 years in business. Founded in 1929 by Vic Slaney with the help of £250 from his father, Vic, who had served his apprenticeship with local garage owners Mitchell’s, started the business aged 21 with Cyril Bogue.
Teesdale was appointed retail dealers for Ford and Austin and developed into a thriving business. Following Mr Bogue’s death in 1952, Vic continued trading with the help of his sons until his death in 1988. More recently, The Teesdale Garage was appointed a Unipart Car Care Centre and specialised in repairs and service for all makes of vehicles.
Vic’s son Jim also specialised in the sale of MG Rover parts and continued to stock parts for the earlier classic cars of all makes and models manufactured between l960 and 1995. Jim is pleased to continue this service for the benefit of new and existing customers under the name of Teesdale Classic Car Parts Centre.